Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shirts not optional

After reading the blog written by American Bridget Jones and her fun with internet dating (from the 30 something perspective) I thought I should search the pickins on Match for the 50+ crowd.  Now I can certainly understand and appreciate the fact that we aren't 20 or 30 and that NONE of us probably look like we did when we were younger.  That said, I fail to understand the logic of showing exactly HOW much we don't look like 30 something anymore.

To support that statement, I give you bachelor number 1...the picture below is his profile picture.  Who, after seeing the shirtless well...HORROR, can even begin to take a peek at his about me section.  I mean...your shirt appears to be hanging on the back of your chair...why not put it on???  Did you really think appearing shirtless was a way to "catch" women at your age. Sorry Bub but you are missing the washboard abs and the gun biceps...we may be in our 50's but we haven't totally lost all sense of what is and isn't sexy.


Ok..sorry to put you all through this, but there are more... Yes MORE I am so sorry to say.  Another shirtless wonder ... Ewwwwwwwwwww.  Here we have the cowboy stud (try not to laugh too hard, you are gonna need oxygen when we get to number three).  Bachelor number two seems to think that sucking the gut in and striking a pose with a cowboy hat makes you sexy.  Unfortunately its probably been years since this cowboy's wrangler butt drove any girls, women or 80 year old grammys nuts. I mean SERIOUSLY, I don't know you, don't assume I want you to start undressing before I finish reading your profile... that is if I haven't put the laptop in the oven after seeing your picture.



Now as I said to begin with, I am willing to overlook the fact that none of us are 30 somethings anymore. I understand aging...it happens to us all. What we make of ourselves as we age makes all the difference.  That said, I just CANNOT get past Bachelor number three's profile picture. Part of me wanted to message him and ask if this is really him.


Ok...now that you have spewed whatever you were drinking through your nose, all over your desk and possibly into your keyboard....I have to apologize again. I am truly not a finicky or selfish person., but DUDES ... seriously???? Match, I think it would have been much more humane for you to disallow these pictures by sending the standard "she's just not into ewwwwwwwwww"  save your money and move along bub.

Now, all I have to do is hope that the bachelor crew above doesn't think I was checking them out because I had romance in mind! If that happens I will have to kill my Match account.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously funniest blog ever! I'm emailing it to all my girl friends now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, after I did this I thought OMG, these are all supposed to be from New Mexico. What IF their son/daughter (or ex-wife) see the blog. Then, after further consideration, I thought maybe the son, daughter or ex-wife will knock some sense into them. Thanks Tiff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this is not pro-active for the dating scene. There should be a template that you can insert a picture of your face into when setting up a profile. I mean, what rock have I been hiding under where this is now sexy. Have men really lost touch with us women? Have they just given up totally? Wow.

    ReplyDelete